ACT Gambling Counselling and Support Service
1800 858 858
24 hour - 7 days Help Line
Gambling can become a problem when it consumes more money and time than
a person can afford, and begins to affect other aspects of their lives,
such as their psychological and emotional well being, relationships
with family and friends, finances, work and other leisure activities.
If you are concerned about your own gambling or you are worried about a family member or friend's gambling, and you are not sure what to do we can help you.
The ACT Gambling Counselling and Support Service is a free service offering:
- Confidential face-to-face, telephone and online counselling services for people with a gambling problem and/or to the family or friends of people with a gambling problem (individual, relationship and financial counselling available.)
- Education and prevention activities in relation to problem gambling.
- Referral to other community agencies to better meet the needs of those affected by problem gambling.
The service involves talking with a counsellor about any difficulties that you are experiencing or any support you may require. You do not need a referral.
Call 1800 858 858 to talk about how we can help you.
The ACT Gambling Counselling and Support Service can help with:
- Consider your gambling and work out what you want to do
- Develop strategies to support you
- Work through other issues that may contribute to your gambling
- Regain control of your self and your life.
- Think about the impact of gambling on your relationships
- Work through these effects in a supportive environment
- Establish the conditions needed to rebuild the relationship.
- Assess your debts
- Cope with your creditors
- Get back in control of your finances.
Call our office on 02 6122 7170 to arrange:
- Community seminars/workshops
- Training for service providers
- Client support and information groups.
This Service receives funding from the ACT Problem Gambling Assistance Fund through the ACT Gambling and Racing Commission.